Places to Stay during your romantic getaway to Houston
- Hotel ZaZa-has one of the best spas in Houston!
- Lancaster Hotel, located on Texas Street. This places is fiiinnneeee. If you really are wanting a nice stay for your romantic Houston getaway, check it out.
- Post Oak Hotel is the epitome of a 5 star hotel. You will not want to leave the hotel, and IF you do, there is plenty for you to do/see/eat within walking distance.
Things to do for your romantic getaway to Houston
- I wrote this blog post about free things to do in Houston for kids, but read it anyways, because some of them are SOOO good for adults as well. (hint, hint, bats)
- Houston Museum of Natural Science is SO cool and has some amazing exhibits. We just checked out the King Tut exhibit, and I cannot say enough good things about it! The Planetarium is also really cool and romantic-sitting under the stars learning about the universe.
- Houston has a crazy amount of escape rooms and ax throwing places. Definitely check those out if you’re looking for some heart pounding fun.
- Take some pictures! Update those family pictures, or hire a photographer for a surprise engagement–whatever it is, document it!
Places to Eat during your romantic getaway to Houston
Breakfast or Brunch
If you’re not looking to sleep in (I’m not sure why that’s NOT what you’re doing, but I’m not here to judge) then here are some ideas for the best places to grab a bite when you wake up from your romantic Houston getaway.
- Sweet Paris Crepes
- Whisk (crepes)
- Backstreet Cafe
- Black Walnut Cafe (Rice Village)
- Saigon Hustle for the best Vietnamese staples!
- Tiny Boxwoods is the most relaxing place because it is an open air cafe with farm to table food, and it’s connected to a plant nursery. You’ll feel like you’re inclined to shop for some new greenery after eating lunch on the patio.
- Try the Original Ninfa’s for some tacos and margs. You won’t regret it.
- Vic & Anthony’s-Landry’s based company that has been here for years, and there’s a reason why. Delish!
- Rainbow Lodge-such a cool experience and ambiance! They have amazing selection of wild game and views. You will feel transported to another city without ever leaving the loop.
- Tris- “Protein from Gyulais, Heartbrand X, and Snake River Farms are available here, making the restaurant’s steak boards a prime choice for carnivorous diners”, according to Houstoneaters.com
- March-this is a really cool experience! The menu changes quarterly and reflects a different region of the Mediterranean each quarter. You can choose between a 6 & 9 course meal. Reservations only.
- Trulucks Finest Seafood…yum!
If you are a couple looking to either getaway to Houston or have a staycation, you may have kids that you are trying to get a break from! Your family changes from little bitty babies to full grown in the blink of an eye. I am a local based Houston photographer who loves to capture memories through photographs. My style is candid and guided posing that creates natural and timeless images. I’d love to chat if you’re either from here or visiting here and looking for a photo session.
If you found this blog valuable, chances are you’ll be intrigued with some other things I’ve written–I hope so anyways!